Tony Hawk x Mark Mothersbaugh collaboration for Independent Trucks between Shepard Fairey‘s Obey Giant
Photo courtesy of Mark Mothersbaugh
Published as the Back Cover: Issue 105, September 2022
Legendary skater Tony Hawk and artistic visionary Mark Mothersbaugh teamed up for a special collaboration for Independent Trucks. The artwork by Mark (seen on this sticker) is featured on Independent Forged Hollow Tony Hawk Transmission trucks.
- Polished silver hanger with pad printed Hawk logo art graphic on front and laser etched signature on back, anodized neon green baseplate, black cushions, and silver hardware.
- Super lightweight, mid-profile truck with forged baseplate and hollow axle & kingpin.
- 10% lighter than Stage XI — 53.5mm tall for optimal performance and wheel clearance with wheels 54mm and under.
- A356 T6 Aluminum Hanger — The best lightweight aluminum alloy heat treated to T6 condition for strength, durability, and grind feel.
- Forged 6061 Aluminum Baseplate — Aircraft grade forged aluminum allows a thinner part while still maintaining high density and strength.
- Hollow Chromoly Axle & Kingpin — Highest quality hollow Chromoly steel for durability and weight saving.
- Independent Trucks are Built to Grind and Guaranteed for Life.
Snag them now here or check with your local skate shop.
Check out Mark’s August Birdy install, Exploring Imagery … Self Portraiture … Paper Inventory, or head to our Explore section to see more by this talented creative.